Welcome to my blog!

My name name is Marina Kharkover and I'm a freelance illustrator. You can see more of my work on my portfolio site marinakharkover.com

All images on this blog are © MARINA KHARKOVER 2011.Please do not use any of these images without my permission.

A Homage to "Psyche Receiving the First Kiss of Love" and "Bathsheba"

"Bathsheba at her Bath" 2654 by Rembrandt

"Psyche Receiving the First Kiss of Love"  1798 by Francois Gerard


My friends and I play this little fun art game where we pick a famous painting of our choice (usually something from an art book that is aesthetically pleasing  such as a master work of art ) and then reinterpret it in our own unique way. last night  my friend and fellow artist Ana Benaroya and I decided to do just that.  We both thought "Bathsheba at her Bath" 2654 by Rembrandt and "Psyche Receiving the First Kiss of Love"  1798 by Francois Gerard were an interesting choice for our little experiment.
Above is my vision of those  particular pieces and below are the originals....