Welcome to my blog!

My name name is Marina Kharkover and I'm a freelance illustrator. You can see more of my work on my portfolio site marinakharkover.com

All images on this blog are © MARINA KHARKOVER 2011.Please do not use any of these images without my permission.

Punks and Comic Books

Lately I have been reading lots of comics and watching  lots of punk rock movies. 
This  here illustration is inspired by watching and very touching  SLC PUNK (which was a great movie) I highly recommend) and reading the very violent and disturbing STRAY BULLETS comic series (great graphic novel, about personal relationships and crimes in Baltimore).  Naturally my illustration evolved into a series of vignettes, which I find to be some what narrative but not yet fully flushed out. I am thinking this could be a great beginning for avery cheezy Punk rock love story, with some kind of tragic ending......